Lambourn CofE Nursery is a setting for children aged from 2 years until their reception year at school. Registered with Ofsted under the Lambourn CofE Primary School registration the nursery is regularly inspected to ensure high standards of care and education are provided for all children.
At Lambourn Nursery we focus on providing wonderful care in a safe, warm and caring environment. Our aim is to ensure that you feel confident that your child is happy, having fun and learning whilst spending time with us.
All children are assigned a keyworker who has responsibility for the overall care of your child. Their keyworker will create a learning journey through our ‘Tapestry’ programme for your child that tracks their progress and development alongside the key milestones provided for by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Please see a sample of our Teams planning below:
Lambourn Nursery is open Monday to Thursday 8.40 am to 3.20 pm and Friday 8.40 am to 1.30 pm and offers sessions to suit your child either on a 5 morning (8.40 – 11.40) or full-time basis (8.40- 3.20) during term time. You can choose to have 30 hours funded provision or 15 hours and pay for the extra sessions.
Lambourn Pre-school provides:-
- a calm and nurturing environment where your child’s needs are the focus of everything we do
- exciting ‘all-through’ learning opportunities ensuring your child makes a smooth transition to school
- a beautiful setting in the heart of the village community with excellent access to the outdoors
- shared resources with the primary school to really enhance the curriculum and the opportunities for each child
- extensive outdoor facilities including dedicated play areas and an expansive school field
- kind, caring, knowledgeable and experienced staff who provide a stimulating Early Years curriculum, building on the interests of your child
- great links with parents
- gentle familiarisation with school making transitions far less daunting
- lots of fun!
But don’t just take our word for it; come and see how our nurturing learning environment would benefit your child. Contact 01488 71479.
Miss Hine – Two Year Old Provision, Year FS1, After School Club Supervisor
Miss Hine runs our two-year old nursery for the youngest children providing them with the best possible start on their life-long learning journey by offering a stimulating and secure environment where they are encouraged to be independent as they explore the world around them. She plans activities to excite the children’s interest and prepare them for a smooth transition to the foundation stage of school.
Mrs Grimwood is the teacher in Foundation Stage One.
This is the class for children aged three and four. Passionate about the education of younger children Mrs Grimwood gained the NNEB (National Nursery Education Board) qualification and then a degree in Early Years. As a class teacher her additional responsibilities include; Art and DT subject leader, Every Child A Talker (ECAT) lead and the development of ‘In the moment’ planning which requires adults to observe and interact with children as they pursue their own interests; assessing and moving the learning on that moment.
Mrs Backhouse is a teaching assistant in Foundation Stage 1.
With NVQ2 and NVQ3 qualifications she has also completed training in ASD, Maths, Literacy and the Read, Write Inc. phonics programme. Mrs Backhouse supports learning within the classroom and delivers identified programmes to develop oracy, reading, writing and maths skills.